America Abroad Media empowers and supports local voices that convey universal values through creative content and media programming.
Position: Program Assistant / Executive Assistant
Location: Remote position (office headquartered in Washington, D.C.)
Hours: Full Time
Salary: Competitive/DOE + comprehensive benefits package
Job Description: The individual will provide effective and efficient support to AAM's President and program staff. This includes administrative, logistical, and information management assistance, as well as planning and coordination of organizational activities (meetings, workshops, travel budgets).
Executive Assistant Responsibilities (30%):
- Maintain President’s contact database, update with meeting notes and carefully track follow up;
- Assist President with meetings, including prep and background research and post follow up;
- Fulfill programmatic research requests and other special projects as needed;
- Arrange and manage President’s travel (domestic and international);
- Collaborate with other staff to draft and edit President’s correspondence, including letters to Advisory Board, potential/existing funders, and potential new partners; and
- Provide basic technical support for President’s iPhone and laptop.
Program Assistant Responsibilities (70%)
- Assist in research and drafting development materials including proposals and grant reports;
- Assist in the conceptualization, design, and implementation of AAM events, including the annual awards dinner which takes place each fall;
- Arrange travel and logistics for high level guests at AAM's annual dinner, as well as staff and partner travel for regional workshops throughout the Middle East;
- Assist in tracking receipts and creating expense reports for staff travel on federal contracts;
- Assist in the conceptualization and creation of PR/marketing materials;
- Assist in Board engagement and external communications, including regular letters, updates, and maintaining the Advisory Board info on website;
- E-newsletter assistance including editing and maintaining recipient list;
- Prospecting potential funders, individual and major donors, and corporations;
- Assist program staff with meetings, including prep and background research and post follow up; and
- Additional research projects as needed.
Skills, Qualifications, and Attributes:
- A minimum of 1-2 years of experience in non-profit or public policy organizations and track record of professionalism;
- Bachelor’s degree required;
- Excellent organizational and communication skills;
- Enthusiasm and drive to significantly contribute to a mission-based organization;
- Motivation and ability to work independently and take initiative while working remotely with limited daily supervision;
- Ability to travel as needed (5%);
- Social Media Proficiency (Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram);
- Highly proficient in Microsoft Office (Word, PowerPoint, Excel);
- Working knowledge of Adobe Photoshop and InDesign preferable;
- Knowledge of basic web design (Drupal) and SEO preferable.
To apply for the position, please submit a cover letter, resume, and two professional writing samples to email@example.com. Please, no phone calls.